Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Anniversary To The Rebellion!

After thinking, planning and researching for a very long time, this blog was begun one year ago today.  While I am not as far along as I would have thought when I began, I am still proud to be doing this.

In one year, we've screened 17 films:
BLOOD FEAST
FACES OF DEATH
THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY
MADHOUSE
MARDI GRAS MASSACRE
BLOODY MOON
THE BOGEYMAN
REVENGE OF THE BOGEYMAN
DEATH TRAP
DON'T GO NEAR THE PARK
UNHINGED
THE WEREWOLF AND THE YETI
ANTHROPOPHAGUS THE BEAST
ABSURD
BLOOD RITES
THE BEAST IN HEAT
THE BURNING
and we've covered (in brief or in depth) a few others:
GIALLO
EROTIC NIGHTS OF THE LIVING DEAD
PIECES

So it's time to stop looking back and start looking forward.  Here are a few of the things I've got planned for the second year of the Rebellion:
A look at a few films that didn't make the list, but were their own kind of Nasties:
MANIAC
THE NEW YORK RIPPER
THE EXORCIST
Plus, a special feature on an entire series (and homages to it): THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE!
(I had also been planning on a special screening of FOREST OF FEAR on September 11, 2011 as a tribute to Charles McCrann, but trouble obtaining an uncut print has doused my hopes for that.)

And, of course, we will continue to work our way through the DPP list.  Coming up soon:
KILLER NUN
NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN
DELIRIUM
THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT
LATE NIGHT TRAINS
NIGHT OF THE BLOODY APES
THE DRILLER KILLER
and more Video Nastiness than you can shake a severed arm at!

So thanks for reading, thanks for sticking with me, and most of all, thanks for existing.

My name's Justin.  JustinCase.

PS - Find VCR Rebellion on Facebook and tell 'em Justin sent ya!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a year of Nasties!! I thoroughly enjoy reading about it.

    ReplyDelete