Monday, May 9, 2011

Island Hopping With Joe & George.

Good evening.  A quick note/bulletin:


I am currently doing research and chasing leads on confirming Aristide Massaccesi's involvement with Pieces.  Someone somewhere has to have this information, and I will be dogged in my efforts to uncover the trivial truth...and you, of course, will know as soon as I do.  Consider it an incredibly geeky public service.

In a somewhat frustrating development, it has come to my attention that the print of Don't Go Near The Park that I viewed for these articles was incomplete by around six minutes!  It is at this point that I completely withdraw my implied endorsement for the Region 1 DVD released by Dark Sky Films.  While I do still find much to praise about their release of There Was A Little Girl (see Madhouse, Video Nasty #4), they chose to remove footage from the feature due to print damage, which I find an unacceptable practice.  I am attempting to track down a ThrillerVideo VHS release from the 1980s under the title Nightstalker (apparently not a reference to Richard Ramirez).  As above, you will be the first to know upon the event of my success.

In other Joe D'Amato news, this morning I screened Anthropophagus The Beast.  Complete details within the next 48 hours.

But for now, I'm going to play Yahtzee with my wife, the M-Azing N. Credible.  Because I love her.  That's why I married her.  Because my name's Justin.  JustinCase.

No comments:

Post a Comment