Friday, October 8, 2010

A Nazi Mash Note.

Yesterday's package compounds my consternation.

The return address was a kissmark in bright pink lipstick with a swastika between the lips.

Inside the package: SS Hell Pack Volume II, a Shriek Show compendium of three Nazisploitation flicks, two of them Nasties (the third is Le Lunghe Notti Della Gestapo aka Red Nights Of The Gestapo).  The Nasties in question are Luigi Batzella's La Bestia In Calore, under the title SS Hell Camp, but better known to Nasty lovers as The Beast In Heat from 1977.  The other, Cesare Canevari's L'ultima Orgia del III Reich, better known as The Gestapo's Last Orgy and recently re-released under the provocative title Caligula Reincarnated As Hitler, also from 1977.  The former details a genetic experiment involving a rapacious mutant, the latter a sadistic "love" affair between a Nazi officer and a prisoner.  I have yet to see a Nazisploitation movie, and I'm a little scared.

I mean, I was born in 1979, not a member of the generation whose parents fought in WWII, so the subersive appeal is a little lost on me, watching this stuff is not a direct rebellion against the generation that preceded mine, as I'm sure these films were when first released.  But let's face it, what's more fucked up than watching Nazis take sexual dominion over their prisoners?  Ummmm.......Nothing!  That's about as perverse as it gets.

Except when you get a middle-school missive from a genuine ex-Nazi.

The package also had a lavender-colored, perfume-scented note in a flowing female script that bore the unintended shakiness of the very elderly.  I don't know much German, but I can see the words "Schadenfraude", "Lustmord" and "Ilse Koch", and it's signed "Aufseherin Herta Bothe", with more lipstick kisses and a smattering of Xs and Os.

Aufseherin Herta Bothe was an SS officer at Stutthoff.

I just got a mash note from a Nazi concentration camp warden.

And a photo of the now 89-year-old "Sadist of Stutthoff" in her SS uniform, licking her lips and winking.

I'm not sure I've got the words...but I've definitely got the shivers.  This has El Presidente's fingerprints all over it.  How and why he is doing this, I don't know.  But my personal collection of Video Nasties has now swelled to 14, so I'm happy about that, plus today's delivery from Netflix has brought a copy of Jesus Franco's 1981 slasher Die Sage des Todes, better known in English as Bloody Moon.  I'm now so inundated with classic exploitation that my head is spinning.

Instinct tells me that I should burn Frau Bothe's communiques...but prudence tells me I should frame them.  After all, there aren't many Nazis left, right?  I guess I should hold onto all of it.  Because my name's Justin.  JustinCase.

No comments:

Post a Comment